Tough Conversations – How to Give Negative Feedback to Employees
How do you communicate negative feedback in the workplace? Talking to your employees about performance can be a very touchy subject.. Nobody like to get criticism, but we all need direction to continue to get better at our jobs. So how do you critique employees?
In this video Eric Siu shares his top advice for how to communicate with employees. Communication tip number one: use ongoing feedback and a tool like 15 Five to help with this. Communication tip two: don’t forget to listen to their problems first. It gets much easier to give feedback when you stop to listen.
You can also set goals together to help the conversation move in the right direction. You can call them OKRs and KPIs.
►Subscribe to my Channel: http://youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=gogrowtheverywhere
Want to learn the SEO tactics that AirBnB, Lyft, and Heineken use to drive millions of site visits a month? Download the case study now: https://www.singlegrain.com/landing/b…
Leave some feedback:
• What should I talk about next? Please let me know on Twitter – https://twitter.com/ericosiu or in the comments below.
• Enjoyed this episode? Let me know your thoughts in the comments, and please be sure to subscribe.
Connect with Eric Siu:
• Growth Everywhere Podcast – http://www.growtheverywhere.com/
• Marketing School Podcast – https://www.singlegrain.com/marketing…
• Single Grain – Digital Marketing Agency – http://www.singlegrain.com/
• Twitter https://twitter.com/ericosiu
Please watch: “LinkedIn Advertising 101: How to Get Started”